Sunday, June 3, 2012

One week vacation - Part 2 Bay Area



Last week on my 2nd part of the vacation I went to visit my home Bay Area. I stayed the 4days and the main reason of the trip was a “camping” trip that my friends and I planned a while back. It was a trail by Mission Peak and the hike was 18 miles each way. I have to admit we didn’t prep for the hike that well, I would say my conditioning paid off, and the hike was somewhat challenging but it was manageable for me. There was few additional up and down hills that I didn’t though of when I prepped for the hike. We manage have just enough water to make it to the camp site and we finished all the food we bought with us.



We spent one day hiked out there and we spent about 12 hours resting. We didn’t bring a tent so that was the only thing I was worry about. The camp site was pretty wet, we were above 3500ft and we were in the middle of the clouds majority of the night. There were some raindrop but we were lucky enough that it didn’t rain hard on us. We didn’t really get to enjoy the camping experience from this trip; however I think it was a good conditioning and gut checks especially for my friends that are not too active. Maybe next time we will give ourselves more time and get to enjoy the camping experience.



I know I been lagging on my blogs, and there are many things I want to share. I just bought a road bike, and I am sure I will do a triathlon sometime this year and I will make a blog on how I plan to train for it, and also I want to make a blog on my daily diet. I plan to complete these 2 blogs within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment